Anime and Video Game News Site/Convention Panel Group

Tri-Ace Tech Demo: Star Ocean 5???

Tri-Ace released a technical demo of their “Physically Based Rendering version 0.1″ using their game engine on the current generation consoles. But just like another certain tech demo we’ve seen in the past, Tri-Ace claims that this video isn’t involved with any new games that they are planning to work on. The video is getting some attention because it does show two characters from past Star Ocean games, Fayt Leingod and Edge Maverick.

Information and details about what exactly the demo was showcasing can be found here.

The comments on Youtube were interesting to read, some people, under the assumption that this is really a new Star Ocean game thinks that it’d be interesting if they finally make a main character that more older than most RPG main protagonists, while others are wondering why aren’t they putting this kind of effort into making a Valkyrie Profile 3 game?

Also, to test out something new, click to vote on what you think down on the poll above on which game would you’d rather see, or leave a comment about the video down below.

About these ads

17 responses

1. I can’t wait for Star Ocean 5! :) I’m playing Star Ocean The Last Hope International again right now. After SO4 I’m going to play again Star Ocean Till The End of Time (Undubbed) English. I like playing Star Ocean games in Japanese audio/English text. I hope the main character in SO5 will have the DRAGON ROAR :)

August 18, 2011 at 20:13

2. We need a great Star Ocean!!!! One the has the story telling power of 1 and 2 and the combat system of 3!!! It can be HD like 4…. but no prequel games for sure

September 15, 2011 at 15:59

3. VangBoy

damn star ocean til the end of time was the best game i ever played. even after the end of the game i can sitll keep on playing n further my levels n harder monster to battle against. Star ocean really is something. . Right now the only great RPG games would b Star Ocean and Final Fantasy. Those two games have the best quailities n game plays…. CANT WAIT..

September 30, 2011 at 16:00

• Kingwoody

Don’t forget dragon quest too that game is a real good jrpg that know one should miss out of.

December 25, 2011 at 18:35

4. Anonymous

When I saw that little boy in the picture I was like “Awww…”

Anyway, my friend just told me today that they were planning on making another Star Ocean, so I went to look it up. I haven’t found really anything but this.

I haven’t actually played any of the Star Oceans yet. But my friend got me into SO3 and I fell in love with Albel Nox. I’m going to get a playstation and the game for christmas and play it.

December 2, 2011 at 16:39

5. Twofourty

What’s up with the song? It’s tune is in every star ocean!

December 11, 2011 at 00:49

6. arcane jackyl

They need to REALLY make sure that they get some really great writers to tell the story this time… -the last hope- didn’t have a “bad” storyline, it just all seems the same now a days… no matter what game your playing… take some cues from the screenplay writers from the transformers movies and make it more cinematic… and for God’s sake! please make your annoying overly cutesy characters talk a little less or have less dialogue in the game!

December 13, 2011 at 06:48

7. in my mind about star ocean universe,,,may star ocean 5…will be a game..i want to be..more in advance like in the yir 3021..all lifeforms has been extinguished and more on bring more characters and many dungeon mini game,..hehe maybe SE can do that..hehe lols ;)

December 31, 2011 at 01:12

8. L0x_

That’s way too cool. Fayt and Edge standing there on shelves. :D Just one thing i dislike ’bout the lates 2 games. The main characters assimilate eachother WAY too much. D: Though, I like Edge way more than Fayt, even if they’re both huge whiny boys. : P

January 24, 2012 at 08:22

• marty

i have to dissagree. Fayt wasnt really winey. he just wanted to se sophia but it didnt stop his whole crew from doing anything. Edge is really winey and kind of a pussy. lol he really annoyed me as a main character. Fayt for sure had more maturity then him

March 8, 2012 at 12:15

9. RainbowRaaBiT

i absolutly adore ALL of the previous star ocean games, and honestly, i dont mind if the same characters are in SO4 or not. i admire the graphics and the fact that its anime! =D

January 27, 2012 at 12:39

10. That guy.

I never played star ocean 1-3 but i got into the star ocean 4 i think its a great game in play it on the 360 so i have to deal with the horrible voice overs but other than that its a great game tons of gameplay and has a good storyline behined it. i Would not mined seeing the next game around the same time as the 4th game. i honestly would like to see the same people but like 10 years in the future would be cool to see some of the players more grown up like Meracle/ Bacchus in his real form and the others.

February 23, 2012 at 03:30

11. tremayne

It is very questionable whether they could make a star ocean that sequels til the end of time or not, simply because of how it ends… it isnr exactly clear on what happens, their universe ‘begins getting deleted, then… they somehow are Bourne into a new life?… but they could dp soon much with the series.. I loved so so much, & so 4 is nice to.. really hope they make an so5.

February 25, 2012 at 07:06

12. loolz

omg they need to make a new star ocean game now!!! my life would be complete if they did :D

April 3, 2012 at 22:38

13. Master

I have played every Star Ocean series from the beginning of SNES and now to Xbox 360 console. Star Ocean series have the most addicting background musics to listen. Yes, I have finished every Star Ocean series so far except the bonus difficulties that features in some of the series. I give Tri-Ace tone of credit for the addicting combat system in Star Ocean – The Last Hope that far rival most Western RPG except Mass Effect series and perhaps Kingdom of Amalur – Reckoning.

October 3, 2012 at 02:53

14. Master

Yes, Tri-Ace should for sure develop the next Star Ocean 5. I have conquered all the Star Ocean series. I hope the next Star Ocean 5 well have superb voices acting and shorter FMV. If they make one I well buy it right away for the next generation console. Cheers all.

October 4, 2012 at 05:15

15. Shi

I want a star ocean 5 with the same characters!! the game was awesome, one of the best games I’ve ever played!!

November 3, 2012 at 02:31